India Retail Forum: Are you ready for the future?
ShopperTrak is delighted to be attending IRF 2018 in Mumbai this September, joining a prestigious audience of global retailers, and property and technology specialists. Over 750 retailers will attend, as well as 100 exhibiting companies, and over 2,000 international delegates.
This year the India Retail Forum (IRF) boasts an incredible breadth of content. The aim of the annual gathering — part of MAPIC India and organised by Reed Exhibitions — is to create an opportunity for visitors to learn about the current state of play in Indian retailing, and to experience the realities of the sector, right at the epicentre of the world’s fastest-growing market.
India’s phenomenal economic growth
- India is expected to become the world’s third-largest consumer economy, reaching US$ 400 billion in consumption by 2025.
- The luxury goods retail market of India is expected to grow to US$ 30 billion by the end of 2018 from US$ 23.8 billion 2017 supported by growing exposure of international brands amongst Indian youth and higher purchasing power of the upper class in tier 2 and 3 cities.
- The size of modern retail in India is expected to reach US$ 111.25 billion in 2019 from US$ 70.45 billion in 2016.
A chance to enhance knowledge
ShopperTrak’s team will be eager to meet delegates at IRF. This will be a wonderful opportunity to discuss ways in which we can help innovative retailers in India thrive in line with the phenomenal economic growth of the region. So please do come and join us at Stand H18 at the Renaissance Hotel, Mumbai.
At the stand we will showcase the ShopperTrak Retail Analytics Suite and pass on to exhibition visitors our knowledge of how to use footfall data to plan and perfect store operations, employee scheduling and marketing campaigns in stores. With the competitive pressure on as never before to maximise all opportunities in the physical space, we know retailers globally are looking for cost-effective ways to boost profitability of their bricks and mortar assets, while giving customers the very best in-store experience possible.
We’ll also be attending the conference and workshop sessions, to learn while we’re there. Here are some great sessions on the challenges and opportunities of retail in India, presented by luminaries of the retail world.
Hot topics on the IRF 2018 Agenda
- A Research Presentation on 5th September will explore the retail growth opportunities of tier 2 and 3 cities in India, posing the questions: What drives shopper needs and aspirations in India? What must shopping centres start to do differently?
- The Keynote Presentation on 5th September addresses ‘The Promise in Retail’ looking at how retail will shape India’s future prowess as one of the Top 3 Economies of the World.
- Reimagined! This presentation on 6th September looks at ‘new retail spaces and store strategy of iconic retailers’. The ‘Apple Store Experience’ will be examined in detail.
- What Amazon CAN’T, but Walmart CAN: This session on 6th September is about ‘experience engineering’ and the art of creating experiences that leave a lasting memory.
- International Retailers in India: This presentation on 6th September discusses five things that retailers need before they enter Indian markets.
These and many more fascinating presentations and workshops are available to delegates attending IRF 2018. We’ll be busy at the event raising awareness of the importance of collecting and using real-time footfall data and historic traffic trends when entering new markets. We’ll be advocating the power of learning about shopper needs in different locations, and of scoping out and testing the impact of store innovations before rolling them out. And of course we’ll relish this opportunity to meet and network with fellow retail technology enthusiasts!
India is a land of opportunity, and our advice is to build a long-term future here based on reliable data and empirical evidence of what shoppers want. That way you can be sure of delivering profitability in your stores for many years to come.
IRF 2018 is taking place on 5th and 6th September 2018, at the Renaissance Hotel, Mumbai
Join us at IRF 2018 at Stand H18 to find out how ShopperTrak traffic analytics can provide a fully holistic view of in-store shoppers, and boost the performance of stores.
Ready to see how Sensormatic Solutions can transform your bottom line?Contact Us
Stay one step ahead with our articles, insights and latest news.See more
Sensormatic News Desk